VeinGogh® Spider Vein Treatment
The VeinGogh Ohmic Thermolysis System provides a superior solution for the treatment of fine facial telangiectas/spider veins, especially those tiny, unsightly veins seen along the opening of the nostrils and along the crease where the nose meets the cheek. This method is also great for the treatment of skin angiomas, also called skin cherries, which occur anywhere in the body.
VeinGogh is the fast, easy way to reliably treat these and other cosmetically unacceptable conditions, often with less discomfort compared to older therapies (such as laser).
While lasers and other light-based solutions for the treatment of fine facial telangiectasia/spider veins are expensive, skin-type dependent and have an inherent risk for tissue injury, VeinGogh uses a hair-thin, insulated probe to thermocoagulate and instantly eliminate these tiny vessels in a dependable and repeatable manner on any skin-type and essentially on any part of the body.
How VeinGogh Works
VeinGogh uses high-frequency energy microbursts to instantly coagulate the blood inside of a spider vein’s vessel, and collapses the vessel’s wall. The destroyed vessel is then reabsorbed by the body’s macrophages—a type of phagocyte. The absorption of these dead cells does not excite any inflammatory response in the body, and is a normal part of the body’s processes.
The microbursts of energy produced by VeinGogh are at a frequency of 4mhz. They are directed to the tip of a super thin probe, which is placed directly on a spider vein. The energy is so localized and dissipates so quickly, no other tissues or outer layers of skin are affected. This means you have very little—if any—trauma to the surrounding tissue, and visible blemishes are kept to a minimum.
Technology of VeinGogh
Inside the VeinGogh, there is a complex frequency regulator used to fix the amplitude of energy produced by the machine. There is no fluctuation in the energy wave’s amplitude, thanks to a process known as peak wave modulation. Sharp peaks rather than rolling crests and troughs characterize peak wave modulation. Another benefit of VeinGogh treatment for spider veins is the microburst pulses are only produced when the person administering the treatment depresses the foot pedal. This minimizes the chance of collateral damage since there is no continuous flow of current as there is in other technologies.
There is no better treatment option in the industry than VeinGogh when it’s done properly.
Identifying Conditions for VeinGogh Treatment
The VeinGogh Ohmic Thermolysis System doesn’t just treat spider veins. This treatment is ideal for all veins that are too small for sclerotherapy or laser ablation. If you have cherry angiomas, small skin hemangiomas, skin tags, or rosacea, consult our vein treatment specialists to find out if VeinGogh is right for you.
- Spider veins are thin, discolored veins with a web-like appearance. Although they are not harmful, many people become self-conscious of them. Spider veins commonly appear on the legs and ankles but can occur anywhere.
- Cherry angiomas are small, bright red skin growths that can appear almost anywhere on your body, most often on the torso, arms and shoulders. Like spider veins, angiomas are not generally harmful. However, they can bleed if they get scratched or rubbed, and they are quite noticeable due to their bright color.
- Small skin hemangiomas, or strawberry marks, can also be treated with VeinGogh. Hemangiomas are birthmarks which most often appear on the face, scalp and neck. Hemangiomas are not harmful and usually fade on their own by age 10. However, if they are located near the eye, mouth or other sensitive area, consult your pediatrician to ensure the hemangioma won’t cause any problems. Large hemangiomas may require a different treatment.
- Skin tags are small, raised growths on the skin, usually on the face and neck. Although they are physically harmless, they can harm your self-esteem. VeinGogh is an easy treatment to rid you of unsightly skin tags.
- Rosacea presents itself in different ways but usually involves flushing in the cheeks and other parts of the face. It can cause itching or stinging sensations, as well as some swelling and bumps. VeinGogh reduces the facial redness associated with rosacea.
Contact our Milwaukee spider vein removal specialists for more information on our VeinGogh treatment plan!
Is there any downtime?
The precise nature of the VeinGogh treatment limits the risk of over-treating, so there is little to no trauma to the skin. Following treatment, there may be a side effect producing mild redness, usually only lasting about 1–2 hours.
How long is a typical treatment?
Depending upon the technician’s proficiency and the size of the area, treatments can range from about a minute for minor lesions on the nose, and up to 20–25 minutes for a more extensive condition covering much of the face or legs.
When will I see results?
Immediately, you will see continuous improvement over several weeks as the treated vessels are reabsorbed.
How many treatments are needed?
Will the veins come back?
Veins that have been properly treated will not return. However, new veins may develop over time and require retreatment. Follow-up visits are recommended for “touch-ups”.
Don’t I need the veins that VeinGogh eliminates?
Your body naturally redirects your blood flow to other vessels and reabsorbs the treated vein, allowing normal, healthy circulation to continue.
Does VeinGogh work on varicose veins?
Will VeinGogh completely get rid of my rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic condition, often having relapses and remissions, and cannot be cured completely. VeinGogh reduces the redness of rosacea and improves the appearance of the affected areas.
Does the treatment hurt?